Update 9/13/07- Here is a link to our latest Job Opportunity classified ad.
Below is our latest ad for roster candidates and for adjusters wishing consideration for upcoming catastrophe and daily claim assignments. We mass mailed those on our rosters the past two days. We had several (30 or so) emails bounce back due to out of date emails so we are posting the information here for those viewing our site. Please send us an updated resume with your new email address if you did not receive our recent mailing and know you’d previously submitted your records for consideration. We are also updating all of our records and request those who have submitted a resume longer than 6 months ago send updated information. Thank you.
Since we moved to this new blog, our old FAQ posting is no longer up. Just to be sure everyone understands our process this is our normal routine:
1) We handle staffing requests received from independent adjusting firms for catastrophe and daily adjuster assignments. We also handle carrier requests for permanent staff adjusters for carrier operations. Once a staffing request is received, we sign a contract with the adjusting firm and/or carrier to solidify the staffing request whether it be a one time request for placement candidates or time sensitive requests throughout the year as new needs arise for them. Some firms use us exclusively to handle all requests while we work with others side by side to compliment their own firms staffing as we have access to candidates they may have difficulty finding as we advertise on many boards constantly that many cat vendors do not utilize. We do not conduct the background checks at this time for these firms. Our contract is clear that all background checks and credit checks are handled by the requesting client to keep our costs extremely reasonable for them. Our services can range from anything as simple as mass mailing their offers for seminars and job openings all the way to extensive services up through induction center activities for our arriving adjusters at their operations.
2) We do NOT charge a fee to our adjuster and management candidates. All fees to Dimechimes Corporation are paid by the adjusting firm or carrier. To their advantage, we do not charge them a portion of your earnings on the fee schedule. We charge a one time flat fee at the time they sign a contract with you. We are one of the only firms we know of that provides a guarantee on our candidates providing them a replacement should they not be satisfied with a candidate we submit.
3) Once we receive a staffing request, we notify the adjusters and managers on our roster lists so they can consider the opportunity and have first option. We will also post on job opportunity boards such as Greatinsurancejobs.com and Claims-Portal.com and CADO from time to time to refresh our candidate lists but prefer personal relationships with those who submit resumes to our firm as first priority. Note that we will obtain a copy of the adjusting firms independent contract and fee schedule at the time of the staffing request so you may consider the opening once we have confirmed you meet their qualification requirements. We have them tell us how many years of experience they require and what software and carrier certifications you must have with each staffing request.
In our first year, we did learn a tough lesson that alot of firms would make staffing requests only for roster building purposes. Thus, we no longer handle such requests requiring a security deposit on staffing requests to document the seriousness of their intent to contact and utilize our candidates which should help everyone on our rosters understand the postings are genuine. We had a few cases where vendors would solicit our services then take months to contact the candidates and/or later change their mind regarding opening a slot in a given territory leaving us and our candidates waiting for information. We hope to avoid any of those chances in the future and have seen improved more prompt results with our new processes during late 06 and 07.
4) Should a candidate be interested in our opportunities, they should refer to the Opportunities tab on our website at to be sure they include all information we need to submit them as a candidate. Remember we are a staffing firm and we must pass your information along to others.
5) Once we review the list of candidates who have expressed interest in our openings, we will go through their resumes and select the candidates best meeting the staffing request for consideration by the vendor managers. They will notify us who they are interested in interviewing. We do ask that they contact you back within 2 weeks of our submission for preliminary interviews. The process time is normally much quicker for catastrophe requests than daily or staff opportunities.
6) Upon selection of the candidates to be offered independent assignments and contracts, the vendor notifies us for our invoicing purposes. We ask that adjusters selected also notify us immediately upon receiving assignments.
7) We do ask our candidates in exchange for our free services to them that they not refer other adjusters/managers to the vendors as this would circumvent our staffing firm fees. Should you have others interested in these opportunities, please have them submit the required resume and references to us and let us know you referred them.
8) If you ask why use Dimechimes Corporation? We do not require exclusive contracts with us. We can enhance your opportunities by alerting you of new opportunities vendors share with us. There is no obligation to accept these positions. You will be notified of the vendor or carrier involved BEFORE we are submitting your resume/references to them for consideration in the event you have a conflict with that firm and do not wish to proceed further in the candidate selection process for that company.
9) The independent contract you sign is between you and the adjusting firm. They issue all payments to you. While we would not staff for a firm known to have a negative reputation in the adjusting community, it is just as difficult for us to locate information about various firms as it is for adjusters. It is up to each adjuster/manager to do their own research on vendor feedback and reputation as your contract will be handled based on your own investigation on these firms. We will share with you what we do know if you are considering a position they have to offer which we are staffing for.
10) If you have not signed an exclusive contract with the adjusting firm, we will continue to keep you on our rosters so you will be aware of additional openings. Many times, independent firms do not have enough work to keep you busy full time and do not mind your handling additional claims for other vendors. If you have signed an exclusive contract, you can simply ask that we place any further referrals for you on hold then let us know when you wish to become active on our rosters again.
11) We staff for independent and staff positions only. We do not staff for public adjusting firms but there are numerous sources you can check on the web if you are a public adjuster looking for assignments.
12) At this time, we do not share our Dimechimes Corporation staffing rosters with ANY firms. They only receive the resumes from those who have confirmed an interest in a particular job opening. Should we later decide to have open roster services, you would be emailed to express or reject interest in participation in that type of service as we will not post your resumes for others to see without your agreement to do so as we understand you do not wish to destroy relationships with vendors you may be servicing at this time.
The participants at ClaimSmentor ,which is our online community for adjusters, claim managers, adjusting firm hr staff,etc do have an open roster which participants choose whether or not to participate on. In that case, vendors participating on that site can view those participants resumes. This includes many vendors we do not staff for who would receive exposure to your resume. The registration information and all resume records for ClaimSmentor participants are seperate from those at our staffing firm so you would need to apply to ClaimSmentor should you also wish to join there. Dimechimes Corporation is the founder and sponsor of ClaimSmentor but records between the two operations are not shared. We have hundreds/thousands of adjusters participating on the Dimechimes staffing firm rosters who are not participants at ClaimSmentor.
Feel free to contact us anytime you have additional questions. You can also feel free to post questions of a general nature in reply to this blog entry and we will reply in this forum blog.
Here is our latest job posting found at www.Claims-Portal.com:
Here is a copy of the mass emailing to those on our rosters:
To: Dimechimes Roster Candidates
Re: Current Job Opportunities
Visit our newest ad at www.Claims-Portal.com here http://www.claims-portal.com/clps/clitem.cfm?adsid=223 listing current opportunities
Our most pressing needs include:
Marine Yacht Division Claim Manager to handle carrier market for adjusting firm as well as manage marine adjusters. Position pays salary, bonus commissions for business brought into the firm and fee schedule claim handling assignments. This is a new marine division you will be establishing for a major vendor. Minimum 3 years of experience. We are also looking for experienced marine adjusters.
Aviation Division Claim Manager- same as marine division with the exception this requires an Aviation claim background of 3 years minimum. We are also looking for experienced aviation adjusters.
Two Claim Marketing Manager job opportunities. Must have prior experience handling adjusting firm marketing directly with carrier executive level operations. Pay includes salary plus commission.
All other opportunities are also listed on the job opportunity link above.
We look forward to hearing back from you should you qualify for these opportunities. We will continue to notify you as new opportunities become available. Just let us know should you wish to be removed from our roster mailing lists. If you have received this more than once, it would be due to the fact we have you listed on multiple rosters meeting your background so we apologize should this create concerns from your end.
Other information adjuster information in the news:
Visit our new Adjuster Information Blog at www.dimechimes.wordpress.com
Have you seen the new 8/1/07 Citizens information to the task force on new adjuster training initiatives? It’s linked to in our 8/9/07 blog entry for you.