Yesterday, I posted information about our upcoming May 2012 five week live online training class for newly licensed adjusters in the following blog which also includes a link to our 125 question self-assessment test to see if this course will benefit you.
We are overwhelmed with requests for additional information and instructions for registration. We hope the following additional information will help you with your questions and registration information:
2012 ClaimSmentor Roots and Wings Fundamentals of Property Claims Course Information
Thank you for your inquiry into our upcoming May 2012 Fundamentals of Property Claims Online LIVE class for newly licensed claims adjusters.
We recently wrote about this upcoming course in our social media outlets on Linkedin and in our forums as well as in this post on our Claims Adjuster Information blog on April 16, 2012 here:
General Class Information- Dates/Times/ Format
This online LIVE training session will be held beginning the first week of May 2012. It consists of five weeks of training at two sessions per week held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30-9:30 PM ET. We will provide the location on the internet to login to access all course material and to log in for classes to paid registrants. All material will be uploaded prior to the first session so class members can read the weekly pre-class reading assignments and class homework session questions at their own convenience to prepare for each upcoming class. All classes are LIVE and we value your input as we discuss the class material for each session to make sure you learn the material and your questions are answered. You will find each class very informative without rose colored glasses giving you the true picture of the property claims industry, carrier expectations, file requirements, employment options as either an independent adjuster or staff adjuster for an insurance carrier.
Please note that Memorial weekend will fall within the class term thus we will not host class Memorial weekend week to allow everyone to enjoy the holiday with family and friends thus we will finish up the course the second week of June 2012.
What is the cost to enroll in the ClaimSmentor Roots and Wings Fundamentals of Claims class?
The class consisting of the ten live sessions is $200.00 plus $25.00 for class material. This is a very reasonable $20.00 per class plus $25.00 for class material. Divide that
down even further for the 50 class hours and you’ll find this price is unbelievably low.
How do I enroll in the class?
Enrollment is a simple two step process:
1) Email email@example.com to confirm your intention to enroll. Provide your full name, address, phone numbers, and adjuster license number so we can begin to complete the registration process to be sure you are included in distribution of class information and emails.
2) Payment which confirms your enrollment in the class is due no later than April 28, 2012. Payments are accepted through Paypal at www. Paypal.com. Paypal accepts payment in the form of credit cards, debit cards, and electronic checks. Once you login to your Paypal account, you simply click on Send Funds tab at the top of the page. You then send funds to Debbie@Dimechimes.com. Paypal will send you a receipt for your payment and we will acknowledge your payment and class confirmation.
3) Refunds are only available for 48 hours after receipt of payment. If for any reason you do need to withdraw from the class at a later date, you will receive credit for any unused portion of your payment to attend any other session held during 2012 or 2013.
4) Note there is a 20% discount offered to partner/spouses who register at the same time which helps those planning to work with an assistant who may or may not be a licensed adjuster but needs to know the claims protocol to assist you professionally. Just note on your payment in the comments who will be registering with you as an assistant to pay the discount.
Who will be instructing the course?
The course is created and hosted primarily by Deborah Moroy, Founder of ClaimSmentor, with over 35 years in the claims
industry with experience progressing through the claims ranks as an in office adjuster, field adjuster, reinspector trainer, claims supervisor, claims superintendent in both field and claim central in office operations, National Catastrophe team management which included supervision of both staff claim representatives and estimators as well as independent adjusters and call center operators and administrative support staff.
Thus the goal is to train you from the perspective of an insurance company claims management perspective so you know the true expectations to excel in the claims business.
You can view my complete profile and background on Linkedin along with recommendations for my work in positions held at:
I have taught this program to over 300 participants since 2006 and am amazed at the progress of these class members from the time they took the initial 125 question claim handling assessment test found on our blog to the professional responses to these same questions at the end of the class.
Does the class provide CE adjuster credits?
Not at this time. We teach this course for a most reasonable fee and to maintain that expense level, it is virtually impossible to obtain CE Credits from 50 states as we present this material to adjusters registered with ClaimSmentor throughout the USA and Canada. We will be providing CE credits with our extended version of this course in our field five week classes as they will be held in states with a large number of new adjusters making it possible to apply the CE to the field classes.
Where can I find the class syllabus?
All 125 questions in our self assessment test are taught in an organized format to include adjuster resumes, independent fee schedules, independent contracts, agency and claims relationships, file requirements, estimate reconciliations for in office assignments, contents claims handling, additional living expense claims handling, catastrophe operations claim organization and carrier ratio expectations, bad faith claims handling, claim litigation, working with attorneys and public adjusters, and much much more.
The full syllabus will be included in the class material for registered class members.
Will I obtain a Certificate of Class Completion?
The class certificate is provided to all participants in one of two formats:
1) If you participate in all 10 classes but chose not to submit each class pre-class homework assignment you will receive an Audit Only certificate verifying your attendance and participation in all 10 classes. We will be going over all pre-class assignment questions during each session so you will still acquire the information you need to learn applicable to each session. This option works well for those with a busy schedule which does not allow them time to do the homework questions but please note ALL participants must read all pre-class reading assignments so they can participate in discussions with each class.
2) If you participate and complete all pre-class assignments, you will receive a full certificate of completion.
3) NOTE: No certificates can be provided to any participant who does not attend all 10 class sessions without exception as we value the reputation of our classes and want to assure all registrants receiving our certificates actually grasped the information important to excel in the claims industry.
Thank you again for your interest in learning more about our online classes at ClaimSmentor!